June is Brain Injury Awareness Month and this year, BIST is trying something different.
Here’s the plan + what you can do to help:
- Every day in June, check out our Facebook and Twitter for ABI stats, survivor stories, videos, quizzes, polls are more! Share, re-tweet and spread the message of ABI awareness!
- For you Twitter-heads, we’re starting an #areyouaware hashtag beginning June 1st. Tweet your own #areyouaware messages, re-tweet our’s and let the hashtags and ABI awareness flow.
- Hashtags (#) are for Facebook too! So spread the ABI awareness love! At the end of your comment or post, write #areyouaware, so others can search for #areyouaware messages, and see what you wrote:
- We’ve launched a new site! At AreYouAware.ca, you can read some amazing survivor stories from BIST members here, and learn (more) about ABI here!
- We’ve got buttons! On Wednesday, June 11, you’ll find us out bright and early at 8 a.m. handing out ‘areyouaware’ buttons and information stickers at Union, Bloor/Yonge, Finch and Yorkdale subway stations.
- If you’ve got an ‘areyouaware’ button, take a selfie and post on Twitter or Facebook! Remember the #areyouaware hashtag!
- Instead of a Nathan Phillips Square celebration this year, BIST is holding a karaoke party on Monday, July 28th to celebrate our 10th anniversary. There will be great food, and a live performance by Cougar Bait. Contact Kat at email@example.com or 416-830-1485 for more info.