BY: JANET CRAIG
Looking for a new salad idea to welcome spring?
This is a gluten and oiĺ free vegan salad which is really refreshing. Make it using the new Spiralizer tool, which is available in several dollar stores.
- 4 oz of dry roasted peanuts unsalted or raw peanuts toasted
- 4 oz (100 grams) rice vermicelli
- 1 English cucumber, spiral cut
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli paste or dry red chilli flakes – optional
- Cover noodles with boiling water let sit for 3 minutes (drained).
- If you need to toast nuts, place in dry stir-fry pan on low and shake for five minutes. Be careful – they tend to toast quickly.
- Spiralize the cucumber then add all ingredients topping with peanuts.
Chef Janet Craig recipes are simple, healthy, delicious and ABI friendly. You can find out more about her HERE.