BY: CHEF JANET CRAIG; ADDITIONAL PHOTOS & VIDEO: JOSIE CALOMA
This fast salad combines delicious beet and apple flavours. It’s also a great side for grilled salmon or Swedish meatballs. Feeds four to six people.
BONUS: Our volunteer Josie tested out this recipe! See her pictures below!
- 1 small jar of pickled beets (about 460 grams), drained and chopped
- 3 spears of celery chopped
- 1 small red onion or 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 large red apples cored and chopped leaving red skins on
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream (or yoghurt)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill and parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic salt
Images (LEFT to RIGHT) Josie prepares onions and apples for the salad (1 and 2), Janet’s finished salad.
Chef Janet Craig recipes are simple, healthy, delicious and ABI friendly. You can find out more about her HERE.