Featured Image Description: A quinoa salad topped with feta in a metal bowl
BY: JOSIE CALOMA
Quinoa are seeds from a plant which are full of nutrients! Josie’s recipe makes a healthy and tasty quinoa salad!
2 cups cooked quinoa
½ cup chopped scallions
¼ cup fresh chopped mint
½ cup fresh chopped parsley
1 cup cucumbers chopped
1 cup garbanzo beans
2 cloves of minced garlic
¼ fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large tomato diced
2 oz crumbled feta cheese
Salt and pepper for taste
- Cook the Quinoa- measure 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water.
- Chop all the vegetables and herbs and place in a large bowl.
- Rinse the beans and add to the bowl.
- Crumble the feta over the bowl.
- Prepare the dressing- in a small bowl place the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and mix.
- Add the quinoa and the dressing into the bowl and mix all together.
Image Description: (Top Left) Cooked quinoa in a metal bowl (Top Center) Chopped vegetables and beans neatly placed in a metal bowl (Top Right) Salad dressing in a small metal bowl
Josie Caloma is a volunteer with BIST.