Featured Image Description: On a glass plate, zucchini fritters topped with basil leaves next to a bowl of tzatziki dip with sliced strawberries on both sides of the dip.
BY: JOSIE CALOMA
Tzatziki Dip is made with Greek yogurt and contains healthy probiotics, calcium, protein, iodine and vitamin B12! For a simple yet delicious meal, follow alongside Josie’s recipe for homemade zucchini fritters. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Fritters:
2 large zucchini (or 5 medium zucchinis)
2 large eggs
½ cup green onion/chives
1 cup all purpose Flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tbsp black pepper
1 ½ tsp salt
Olive oil (for frying)
Ingredients for Tzatziki Dip:
1 large cucumber
1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 ½ cup Greek yogurt
½ cup sour cream
1 tbsp salt & pepper
olive oil (for drizzle)
Instructions For Zucchini Fritters
- Grate the zucchini and place in a bowl with salt and set aside for 10-15 minutes to release the water.
- Squeeze out the water from zucchini (using hands or a cheesecloth) and place in a bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir until the flour is incorporated.
- In a large frying pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once heated, add about an ice cream scoop amount of the batter into the pan and slightly spread into a round shape (like a pancake). Four fritters should fit in a large frying pan at a time. Add more olive oil as needed for frying.
- Flip the fritter when it becomes a golden brown (it will take a few minutes on each side).
- Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
Instructions for Tzatziki Dip
- Grate the cucumber and set aside for about 10 minutes to release the water.
- Squeeze out the water from the cucumber and place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until blended.
Image Description: (Top) Four zucchini fritters in a pan. (Bottom) A stack of zucchini fritters on a plate.
Josie Caloma is a volunteer with BIST.