2011 Call for Volunteers
BIST has a lot of exciting things planned this year and we need your help.
We are looking for dedicated volunteers to help BIST develop and launch new programs, plan and host exciting new events this year, and enhance our awareness campaigns.
1. Develop and Facilitate Personal Development Workshops as part of a session of 9 workshops on topics such as returning to work, managing relationships, etc. You will be responsible to develop and deliver a 2-2.5 hour workshop for adults with an acquired brain injury. You will need to have experience facilitating workshops, working with individuals with special needs, and have knowledge of programs and services available in the community for participants to access to gain further assistance or information.
2. Join the Program and Services Committee to assist with developing, planning, implementing, overseeing the programs & services that BIST offers to its members.
3. Plan and support the delivery of the monthly community meetings. You will work with the Facilitator of the community meetings to plan upcoming themes, arrange appropriate speakers, set up the room and arrange for the refreshments. You will be required to work with other volunteers to ensure this all gets done in a timely fashion. This opportunity requires that you are able to attend the monthly meetings.
4. Join the Fund Raising Committee to help develop a new fund raising strategy for 2011/12 The committee will be researching new fund raising opportunities and identify best practices to guide its on-going work. You will need to have experience with fund development and be able to work with the team to build on the successful initiatives already underway and seek new opportunities to support BIST’s continued growth.
5. Join the Communications Committee to assist with the compilation of the BIST Beacon, potential blog updates, web site management and overall communication strategies. Ideally this committee is looking for someone with a public relations, communications and/or marketing background.
We expect you will find this a rewarding and meaningful experience and hope that you will gain as much from volunteering with BIST as we will from your involvement and support.
How to Volunteer with BIST
If you want more information about volunteering with BIST, please plan to attend one of the following community meetings where a volunteer coordinator will be happy to answer your questions.
March 28, 2011
May 30, 2011
August 22, 2011
Or you may contact us at email@example.com or call 416-830-1485 for more information.